Monday, January 17, 2011

Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht



Make Plans; God Laughs. 
That is one of my favorite Yiddish proverbs.
As I walked along the shore of the Atlantic tonight at sunset, I planned to follow the sun into it's last moments of breath; for it was absolutely spectacular.

Behind me the moon was rising, almost full, the waters ahead sparkled between pink, golds, copper and the imprinted star designs of the moon.

And as I stopped to listen to what we found to be a Coopers hawk, we found him, then I followed it with my camera, and my batteries died...
Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht. 


And so, walking back home and knowing of the Master Plan for one One and All, I wished for Him happiness as he viewed it through His eyes instead of my lens, just this once. 
And I am blessed. 


מייַן אָנווער, גאָט ס געווינס
My loss, His Gain. 





No comments: